CEREC® porcelain crowns have revolutionized the dental crown process. CEREC® technology enables porcelain crowns to be crafted and placed in a single dental visit, cutting treatment time down and allowing patients to instantly enjoy a restored smile. Drs. Aaron Strickland and Brittany Curnutt offer the latest restorative dentistry treatments using the latest technology to provide superior results. To find out if CEREC® porcelain crowns are right for you, contact our Columbus, IN practice today.
What Are CEREC® Porcelain Crowns?
CEREC® porcelain crowns, also called same day crowns, use CEREC® technology, which crafts custom-made dental crowns in a single dental visit. Traditionally, dental crown treatment requires two dental visits. During the first visit, the tooth receiving treatment is prepared and cleaned, and then an impression is made. The impression is then sent to a dental lab to craft the porcelain crowns. After about two weeks, the crown will be ready and an additional dental visit will be needed to place the finished crown.
Thanks to CEREC® technology, patients don't have to wait two weeks or schedule a second appointment to enjoy the benefits of dental crown treatment. CEREC® technology accomplishes this using 3D imaging of the teeth, rather than physical impressions. The images are then wirelessly sent to an in-office milling machine, which uses the digital impressions to fabricate customized crowns in a single dental visit.
The Benefits of CEREC® Porcelain Crowns
CEREC® porcelain crowns offer many benefits, making them preferred among patients and dentists alike. Some of these benefits include:
- Time saving: Treatment with CEREC® porcelain crowns is completed in a single dental visit and in as little as 90 minutes, saving patients time and preventing the need for multiple dental visits.
- Convenient treatment: CEREC® porcelain crown treatment is more convenient than traditional dental crown treatment, allowing patients to enjoy a restored smile in a single dental visit.
- Precise imaging: CEREC® technology creates precise images of the teeth, so the dental crowns fit precisely and match the surrounding teeth.
- Durable crowns: CEREC® porcelain crowns offer the same durability as traditional crowns, providing long lasting results.
- Restored oral health and dental function: Repairing damaged teeth with CEREC® dental crowns prevents further damage and allows patients to enjoy restored dental function.
- Improved appearance: CEREC® porcelain crowns can enhance the smile and improve the appearance by masking flaws and dental damage.
Candidates for CEREC® Porcelain Crowns
CEREC® porcelain crowns are suitable for patients who suffer from dental damage or cosmetic issues. Ideal candidates include those with chips, fractures, tooth decay, or large fillings, and should have sufficient dental structure to support a dental crown. Cosmetic issues, like severe discoloration or misshaped teeth, may also be corrected with CEREC® dental crowns.
Schedule a Consultation
CEREC® porcelain crowns can improve the smile's health and appearance in a single dental visit. To find out if you're a candidate for CEREC® porcelain crowns, or to discover other treatment options, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Strickland today.