Restorative Dentistry Addresses Both Your Oral Health and the Aesthetics of Your Smile
Because the state of your oral health is connected with your overall health and well-being, it is important to repair or replace decayed, damaged, or missing teeth as soon as possible. Without treatment, your dental function, appearance, and overall health can all suffer. Fortunately, White River Dental offers a variety of restorative dentistry treatments in Columbus, IN, to treat missing and damaged teeth, along with a wide range of other dental health concerns. We use the latest dental technology to ensure a positive experience our patients. Our Solea Laser is used for many common dental procedures, it's virtually pain free, and eliminates the need for anesthesia and drills. Dr. Aaron Strickland and associates are highly trained in the latest techniques and enjoy helping patients achieve healthy, attractive, and lasting smiles.
About Restorative Dentistry
Even patients who are diligent in their oral care routines typically need restorative treatment at some point. Restorative dentistry can range from routine procedures like fillings and dental crowns to more significant treatments like dental implants. Regardless of the specific treatment, our goal is always to preserve as much of your natural smile as possible and to restore your oral health to an optimum level. Several of our restorative procedures employ advanced 3D digital x-ray technology, which makes treatment extremely precise and efficient. With the use of our Solea Laser, there's no longer a need for numbing or drills. We also offer sedation dentistry for added comfort.
Even patients who are diligent in their oral care routines typically need some form of restorative treatment at some point.
Restorative Dentistry Treatments
At White River Dental, we offer a wide range of restorative dentistry treatments to meet the needs of our patients.
- Dental Crowns: We offer traditional crowns and CEREC® crowns. With our CEREC® technology, we have the ability to offer same-day treatment. If your tooth is damaged due to decay or trauma, we can craft and place a custom-fitted ceramic dental crown in a single appointment. This helps reduce pain, sensitivity, and stress for our patients. The system takes precise measurements and creates a crown out of ceramic matched to the natural shade of your smile for a seamless look. Ceramic crowns are strong and durable, and the superior fit offered by our CEREC® machine can increase treatment longevity.
- Dental Fillings: At White River Dental, we use only tooth-colored composite fillings. Compared to silver amalgam (mercury) or other kinds of metal fillings, composite fillings are colored like your teeth to blend in and look natural. In addition, they provide an excellent seal and offer terrific strength when used to fill small to medium cavities.
- Inlays and Onlays: These restorative treatments are an excellent solution when a tooth has too much damage for a filling, but not enough to warrant a dental crown. Also called a partial crowns, inlays cover the area within the cusps on the chewing surface of the tooth, and onlays cover and replace one or more of the damaged cusps. Inlays and onlays are custom created in a lab by a dental ceramicist, and they take two appointments to complete.
- Dental Implants: This treatment is the ultimate restoration for missing teeth. Unlike other restorative options, dental implants replace the root of the tooth, which helps prevent bone loss. This helps to restore your oral health and protects you from jawbone deterioration. Dental implants can support a dental crown, bridge, or denture, depending on your individual needs. The entire dental implant process is completed in our office, from the tooth extraction to the placement of your final restoration. We can also provide bone grafts, if necessary.
- Dentures: Dentures are a trusted restorative option for patients missing most or all of their teeth. In addition to traditional dentures, we offer implant-supported dentures that provide excellent support and stabilization. Our customized dentures ensure a comfortable and secure fit so you can chew, speak, and smile with confidence. We can also convert your existing denture to an implant-supported denture.
- Dental Bridges: Our doctors can provide you with a traditional bridge or an implant-supported bridge to complete your smile. Dental bridges fill in the gap created by one or a few consecutive missing teeth. Besides interfering with dental function, a gap in your smile can cause the remaining teeth on the arch to become destabilized, leading to more dental problems. Our high-quality bridges support oral health and look beautifully natural.
- Root Canal Therapy: This treatment returns an infected tooth to health without having to remove it. Preserving the tooth is a more conservative treatment that is also more beneficial for your oral health. We can use our 3D cone beam scanner to diagnose and plan your treatment, such as the placement of antibiotics to aid healing and recovery. We can also perform root canals for pediatric patients.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Patients with significantly damaged teeth or with missing teeth or failed dental work can often benefit greatly from full mouth reconstruction. This treatment is a comprehensive combination of restorative procedures to rebuild your smile. Your individual plan could also include cosmetic procedures. Our advanced diagnostic capabilities allow us to precisely plan your treatment for the greatest success. Dr. Strickland completed a year-long hospital residency studying with oral surgeons, which makes him one of the best dentists for extracting teeth and performing other advanced techniques with skill and efficiency. He is capable of very complex cases, and enjoys helping patients with life-changing procedures.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
The purpose of restorative dentistry is to restore your dental function and comfort as well as the aesthetics of your smile. We take the time to carefully design a custom treatment plan that will optimize your health and leave you with a beautiful and natural-looking smile. Many restorative treatments, such as fillings and crowns, strengthen your damaged teeth. Others, such as dental implants, replace your missing teeth with a lifelike restoration to complete your smile.
Schedule Your Appointment
Whether you need a simple restoration such as a filling or crown, or you need something more complex like dentures or implants, we can skillfully handle all your restorative needs. Contact our office today to schedule your next appointment.
“Everyone was very professional, yet very laid back, making an unpleasant procedure much easier to have done. The follow-up call from the doctor showed that he cares about his patients.” Stephanie C.